Vickers was born in Strathaven, Scotland in 1985, and grew up in Edinburgh. She graduated with a BA from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 2010 . In 2010 Vickers appeared in Ibsen's The Lady from the Sea, adapted by David Eldridge and directed by Sarah Frankcom at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester. While playing Dr Wangel's daughter, Bolette, she was reviewed in The Independent as giving a "lively identity" to the role. The British Theatre Guide described her performance as "very good".  A review in The Telegraph said she "brim[s] with forceful vitality".  In 2011 she was Maia in Judgement Day, based on Ibsen’s last work When We Dead Awaken, directed James Dacre at the Print Room, Notting Hill Gate, her performance described as "brimming with intelligence and frustrated sexuality". 
Over on television, she is perhaps best known for playing Joan Thursday in the British television detective drama series Endeavour. In 2018, she appeared as Jane Gooding in one episode of The Alienist for Netflix. In the big screen, she was Eilidh in Sunshine on Leith, a 2013 musical film directed by Dexter Fletcher. Then in 2016, she played Lizzie in Breaking, a short directed by Saul Abraham and Joel Feder.
In August 2017, Vickers married British actor and fellow RADA classmate Kerr Logan. 
- "It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice"
- "Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship"
- "She Was Killed by Space Junk"
- "If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own
- "Little Fear of Lightning"
- "An Almost Religious Awe"
- "A God Walks into Abar"
- "See How They Fly"
- ↑ https://www.rada.ac.uk/profiles/sara-vickers/
- ↑ https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/theatre-dance/reviews/the-lady-from-the-sea-royal-exchange-theatre-manchester-2115499.html
- ↑ https://www.britishtheatreguide.info/reviews/RExladysea-rev
- ↑ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/theatre-reviews/8092694/The-Lady-from-the-Sea-Manchester-Royal-Exchange-review.html
- ↑ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/theatre-reviews/8910799/Judgement-Day-Print-Room-review.html
- ↑ https://www.onceaweektheatre.com/tag/sara-vickers/
- ↑ https://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/client/sara-vickers/cv
- ↑ http://dmbarcroft.com/tag/sara-vickers/
- ↑ https://shortfilms.org.uk/films/breaking-saul-abraham-and-joel-feder-2016
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SaraLVickers/status/926490618678956032