Mister Phillips is both a race of identical clones and a single position held by one of those clones at any given point to serve Adrian Veidt.
Mister Phillips was originally created by Doctor Manhattan in his effort to revitalize the moon of Jupiter called Europa. Manhattan based Phillips' design, as well as his companion Ms. Crookshanks, on the two beneficiaries he saw having sex when he was a child as homage to his promise to them to create something beautiful. In Manhattan's eyes, Phillips and Crookshanks served as the Adam and Eve of his new world.
Phillips and Crookshanks would be birthed on the world in the water, asexually cloned as fetuses until they rapidly reached adulthood. They had an insatiable desire to serve, which Manhattan felt bored with.
However, when Adrian Veidt offered Doctor Manhattan the opportunity to forget his superpowers, Manhattan repaid Veidt by sending him to the paradise on Europa where he could live in isolation with the Phillips and Crookshanks to adore and serve him.
Eventually, Veidt grew tired of his paradise and started to see it as a prison and became abusive to the clones, eventually concocting a plan to catapult their corpses into space to spell a rescue message on Europa's surface, knowing that Lady Trieu would see it.
- Doctor Manhattan - Creator and Idol
- Adam/Game Warden - Brother
- Adrian Veidt - Former Employer and Situational Ally
- Phillips - Brothers and Colleagues
- Crookshanks - Sisters and Colleagues
- "It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice"
- "Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship" (Killed)
- "She Was Killed by Space Junk" (Killed)
- "If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own" (Killed)
- "Little Fear of Lightning"
- "An Almost Religious Awe"
- "A God Walks into Abar"
- "See How They Fly" (flashback)