In the events of the TV series, Joe Keene was the US Senator for Oklahoma, who was also keen on running for President in 2020.
Senator Keene was a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee. He was initially disappointed with his assignment because he hoped to be appointed to the Intelligence or Judiciary committee. As a member of the Appropriations Committee Keene was given access to a video of Adrian Veidt revealing he was responsible for the Alien Monster attack on November 2, 1985. Keene spent years making a pirated copy of the video which he shared with members of the Seventh Kavalry
Keene is the true leader of the Cyclops splinter cell known as the Seventh Kavalry, using his position as an Oklahoma politician to mask his terrorist activities. He organized the Seventh Kavalry and used them to perpetrate the White Night—a massacre of off-duty police officers and their families on Christmas night. Keene gets dozens of Tulsa police killed just so he can institute a new law to protect cops and make himself look good. After discovering the presence of Dr. Manhattan, Keene has the Kavalry commit a variety of other murders and bombings, threatening the entire family of Angela Abar along the way, before capturing Manhattan and revealing his plans to drain the man's life force and powers to become a god and rewrite reality to one where white men reign supreme just to satisfy his racist, egomaniacal agenda.
Powers and abilities Edit
- Master Politician: Very much like his father, Joe Keene has demonstrated an immense knowledge of politics and political policies and international relations well enough to be elected into congress and pass an act that amended his father's Keene Act, allowing the police to wear masks and adopt superhero identities. Many believed he could have become president, given his charisma.
- Master Deceiver: Joe Keene was a man of immense charisma and leadership. This allowed him to easily put on a public façade of being a benevolent, but ambitious politician all while being the malevolent, bigoted, megalomaniacal and sadistic leader of the Seventh Kavalry.
- Expert Tactician: Joe Keene was able to successfully conspire with Judd Crawford to conduct the White Night, which resulted in Joe being able to pass his bill of putting police in masks which in turn played into his end goal of cementing public mistrust of the police.
- "Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship"
- "She Was Killed by Space Junk"
- "If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own"
- "Little Fear of Lightning"
- "An Almost Religious Awe"
- "See How They Fly"